Length: 22.1” (562mm)
Width: 8.9” (226mm)
Height: 10.5” (268mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3” (313mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.0” (77mm)
Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) estimated with electronics
AR44 HI-PINION AXLES
In 2008, the AX10™ axle was used in the launch of the SCX10™ chassis platform. While developing the next iteration of axles such as the AR60, the thought process began on what kind of axle would be best for the future of the SCX10™. Axial’s development of a new axle needed to feature three key design points. First, an axle housing to visually quench the thirst of scale enthusiasts. Second, a gear set with the technical attributes to overcome the torque twist often associated with smaller gear sets. Third, the axle itself needed to retain the durability associated with the SCX10™, despite being delivered in a smaller axle housing. After seven years of utilizing the original AX10™ axle and two years of development, Axial is proud to introduce our newly developed AR44 axle with the industry's first high pinion gear set. The next chapter of the Axial SCX10™ begins with scale realism backed with true technological development!
• High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
• The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
• Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
• Single piece axle housing for added strength
• 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
• Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
• Bolt on link mounts
• Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
• Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
The AR44 axle was designed for both aesthetics and functionality. To improve upon the older AX10 axle, we designed the steering components with an 8 degree kingpin angle which results in a positive scrub radius. Making this change to the pivot point means less tire scrub for steering efficiency and less load on the steering servo.
• 8 degree kingpin angle
• Improved scrub radius over the AX10 axle
AR44 UNIVERSAL AXLE SET
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
• Up to 45 degrees of steering
• Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
• Compact yet durable design
• Hardened steel construction
SCX10 II™ TRANSMISSION
Scale looks on the outside, genuine Axial gears on the inside! The SCX10™ transmission received a design makeover with special attention paid towards aesthetics by mimicking a real transmission with a bell housing, oil pan and a 4X4 transfer case! And that’s just the beginning. By sitting the transfer case lower into the chassis and centering the driveshafts with the axle input housings, Axial has created a more efficient driveline with better driveshaft angles which puts less stress on moving parts. Better driveshaft angles coupled with hi-pinion axles IS scale realism backed with performance. Also includes full set of ball bearings and all metal internal gears for strength and durability.
• Transfer case design helps keep the driveshafts centered and as low as possible in the chassis
• Final drive ratio range 33.69 – 54.15 with available spur - pinion gear combinations
• Comes with 56T spur gear and 15T pinion / 32-pitch for durability
• All metal internal gears for strength and durability
• Final drive ratio (FDR) 40.44 with a range from 33.69 - 54.15 - Original SCX10 was 33.06
• Scale looks mimics a full size transmission and transfer case
CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS)
Scale matters, but so does geometry! In pursuit of scale looks, we’ve moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis, just as a full size truck has its steering box located on the frame. But with this seemingly simple action comes a complexity of suspension hurdles to overcome - one of which is bump steer. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps interacting with improper length or angle of suspension and steering links. We made it our mission to design the front suspension in such a way that it eliminates or comes as close as possible to zero bump steer, to help give you the best driving experience possible.
• Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
• Anodized aluminum links included w/ M4 rod ends
• Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
• Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design for the rear which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.
• All links are metal including the steering
• Custom tapered center - flared ends design
• Large M4 rod ends
• Grey anodized aluminum
This chassis is designed at 12.3” wheelbase length, but is easily adjusted to either a 11.4” or 12.0” wheelbase (optional link kits sold separately). Axial designed the chassis so that all the wheelbase adjustability happens out back without sacrificing front-end suspension geometry. Simple removal and installation of the suspension links and changing the drive shaft length allows an easier way to adjust the wheelbase.
• Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
• Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) (optional link kits sold separately)
• 4 link rear
• 12.3” wheelbase
STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS
The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness). Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain. Compared to the previous design, additional holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making wheelbase adjustments.
gear pitch for high torque applications
2000 JEEP® CHEROKEE BODY
Comes with molded scale detail parts (Grill with clear lenses, mirrors, door handles and liftgate trim panel).
• Clear Body with detailed decal sheet and window masks
JEEP® XJ BODY
Throughout the rich history surrounding the Jeep® brand, there have been several influential vehicles hailing from the seven-slot stable, one of which is the Jeep® Cherokee (XJ). Possibly considered as the dawn of the modern SUV, the XJ was first presented 1984 as one of the first small SUV’s introduced into the American market, which carried on until 2001. During its 17yr production run, the XJ was built on several continents for world wide exposure, offered in either a 2-door or 4-door configuration, available in several different trim levels along with either a 2wd or 4wd drivetrain. Under the hood featured three different engine options consisting of 2.5L I4 AMC (125hp @ 5400rpm and 150lb/ft of torque @ 3250rpm), 4.0L I6 OHC AMC (193hp@4600rpm and 231lb/ft of torque @ 3000rpm), and a Euro spec only turbo diesel I4 OHV (114hp@3900rpm and 221 lb/ft @ 2000rpm). In 97’, the XJ received a facelift that updated design queues focused on aerodynamics, body stiffness, styling as well as the spare tire being relocated from the rear bumper to inside the cab. The stiffer uni-body construction brought forth improvements in noise cancellation and vibrations while aerodynamics improved engine efficiency.
From an off-roading perspective, the XJ has proven to be a relatively inexpensive vehicle for purchase thus making it a value based build option, capable of suiting just about any sort of budget. Its bones are strong thanks to a Quadra-Link suspension system and primarily coming with Dana 35 axles since the beginning, but there was a Dana 44 option between 87’-91’. Don’t let its smaller size fool you, there’s room for four passengers and space for days, making it a great expedition rig for friends and family to tag along.
Kindly Fill In Form here to get a Latest Promotion at Mobile